+61 7 3420 5455
The new Generation
FLUID-ASSISTED HDD RIGS
Fluid-assisted mini drill rigs
Soil displacement hammers
Dynamic ramming systems
Auger boring unit
Static pipe bursting systems
Dynamic pipe bursting systems
Core drill units
Complementary products >
HDD Drilling Fluid Recycling
Maxi HDD rigs
TO BRING THE ESSENTIALS FOR LIFE TO EVERYONE
Water pipeline construction
Fibre optic networks
Natural gas distribution networks
Further innovative applications
360° Digital Solutions
Help & support
Financing & Warranty
THE FUTURE IS NOW
TRACTO-TECHNIK machine design nominated for bauma Innovation AWARD
08.04.19 - Every three years, bauma is the innovation driver for the international construction equipment, building material and mining machinery industries. No other trade fair than bauma of the sector presents so many new products and developments. VDMA, the German Engineering Federation, bauma and the head organisations of the German construction industry are launching the innovation prize in the run-up to bauma. With the award, the organisers honour research and development teams of companies and institutes of higher education who have developed cutting-edge technology of high practical use to market readiness with a special focus on the environment, resource efficiency and people.
50 international and 88 national entries started the competition. 47 of the totals of 138 innovations were already convincing in the preselection. Ten of them come from abroad. Having reached the round of finalists is already an award for the applicants for the bauma Innovation Award. A jury of experts selected the three nominees for the prize in each of the five categories: Machine, Components/Digital Systems, Construction Work/Construction Process/Construcion Method, Science/Research and Design. This is where the companies and institutes introduce themselves.
Being a pioneer in the development of NODIG techniques, TRACTO-TECHNIK has become one of the leading companies in the industry thanks to continuous innovation. Today the product portfolio covers the complete range of trenchless pipeline construction. This also includes GRUNDODRILL horizontal HDD rigs. These high-quality and complex systems consist of a crawler track, a rig boom, a hydraulic Diesel drive unit, a rotation and feed drive, a magazine for the drill rods and an operator cabin.
THE “Straight Dynamic“ Design
For the latest generation of these GRUNDODRILL HDD rigs, a special new design has been developed to reflect the core of the TRACTO-TECHNIK brand. In doing so, the modular construction concept for different machine sizes and the premium quality of the machine technology had to be considered. SCHINDLER CREATIONS, a proven specialist for UX design & technology in an industrial context, was commissioned to implement the design strategy. According to the claim "Design. Innovation.Together. SCHINDLER CREATIONS has realised more than 5,120 projects for small and medium-sized enterprises as well as for global corporations in 12 years in studios on Lake Constance and Lake Zurich.
The result is a "Straight Dynamic" design with all components of the GRUNDODRILL HDD rig forming a striking optical unit with a high recognition value. The central element is the operator cabin, which is equipped with the latest technology and large panoramic windows. The consistent visual appearance is created by a circumferential contour line in the TRACTO-TECHNIK corporate colour blue, which forms a striking contrast to the black cabin and the machine. The design concept also allows for the hood to be adapted to individual customer requirements by leaving space on the side for individual labelling and replacing the blue of the contour line with the customer's desired colour.
Features of the „Straight Dynamic“ Design:
- The course of the blue contour line, which runs in the direction of the ground, expresses both down-to-earthness as the brand core of TRACTO-TECHNIK and, at the same time, the stability of the machine during the drilling process. In addition, the high thrust forces driving the drill rods into the ground are highlighted.
- The dynamics conveyed by the optical unit of cabin and machine hood express the performance of the drill rig, which creates an advantage in marketing.
- Intelligent 3D frames ensure that the machine is resizable without having any significant influence on the design.
- The new design of the cabin, tailored precisely to the needs of the machine operator, provides a perfect overview of the HDD rig and the entire jobsite environment – even without the cabin having to be swivelled for operation, as was previously the case.
- Since it is no longer necessary to swivel the cabin, reducing the space required for the equipment is even further. This leads to an optimisation of the processes on the jobsite due to an even lower use of space and further reduced impairment of adjacent residents, traffic routes, etc. in the proximity of the HDD rig.
- Thanks to the ergonomic seat and optimally arranged operating elements as well as further details such as storage compartments, charging sockets, etc. in sufficient quantity, the operation of the HDD rig and the control of even the most complex bores becomes even more ergonomic, simple and at the same time more efficient for the operator.
Overall, the futuristically looking "Straight Dynamic" design clearly depicts that TRACTO-TECHNIK with the new GRUNDODRILL generation is offering trend-setting HDD machine technology with a high degree of innovation and further improved ergonomics and easier handling for the machine operator.
Among the 2019 Nominees
The GRUNDODRILL "Straight Dynamic" design was finally selected by the jury as os one of three nominees for the award in the design category. The final result will be ammoncec during the official awarding ceremony on April 7th.
Exclusive presentation at bauma 2019
The new series of horizontal HDD rigs in "Straight Dynamic" design will be presented exclusively at bauma 2019 in Munich from 8th to 14th April.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
WE WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU!
You can reach us by phone
+61 7 3420 5455
© TRACTO-TECHNIK GmbH & Co. KG
trenchless technology – simple & easy
Data privacy statement
Do you have any product or
services related questions?
Please contact us:
+61 7 3420 5455