The latest news can be found here.
The whole world of trenchless technologies in Lennestadt
Proximity to customers and partners worldwide is a key to success for the special machine manufacturer TRACTO-TECHNIK from Lennestadt-Saalhausen. The family company regularly opens its doors to visitors in order to give users an insight into the working methods and application variety of its systems for trenchless pipe installtion. One of the most popular events of this kind are the demonstration days called "Hands on Days", which will take place this year from 9 to 13 April at the company's own test site in Lennestadt-Gleierbrück.
TRACTO-TECHNIK celebrates completion of new logistics centre
With the official ground-breaking ceremony by the management of TRACTO-TECHNIK and the mayor of the city of Lennestadt on 17 March 2017, construction work began on a new, ultra-modern logistics centre at the Lennestadt-Saalhausen location. After only fourteen months of construction, the construction works are completed and a belated topping-out ceremony for the 4,500 m2 hall was celebrated on 29 March. To mark the occasion, the management of the special machine manufacturer invited all contractors, all those directly involved, as well as local residents and neighbours to a celebration on site.
Pipe renewal in a dairy
The "DMK Deutsches Milchkontor GmbH" with its 26 locations in ten German federal states and approximately 7,500 employees is Germany's greatest dairy company; the primary product milk is delivered by more than 8,300 active producers. One of the 26 DMK locations is the Saxon community of Edewecht near Oldenburg. Sections of the existing vitrified clay pipe were severely damaged in several places, due to many long years in service; their technical failure demanded renewal of the line. Affected was a mains, 55 m in length, and a 25 m long mains which approaches the first mains at a right angle. These two sections showed the typical damage symptoms: lengthwise and transverse fractu ...
Sheltered waters - Speedy installation of a cast iron drinking water pipe ND 300 using HDD
Shortly before the beginning of the summer season in 2017 in the town Barth in Germany, the grey cast iron transport pipe line built in 1932 was damaged yet again. Ultimately, it was the growing fear that the pipe might burst which forced the water and sewage authority, Boddenland GmbH, to act.Repairing the damaged area under these circumstances was out of the question. In accord with the assessment of the situation by TIAS Tiesler, the following solution to the problem was put forward to the utility company: complete new pipe installation for the entire damaged section using the HDD method.
Fast trenchless gas service lines with GRUNDOMAT: Contractor AGI Construction reaches high levels of productivity
Contractor AGI Construction, Smithfield from Rhode Island is one of the premier underground utility contractors in the northeastern United States. For over 25 years the construction company has provided a comprehensive range of contracting services for natural gas, telecommunications, and electric underground utility installations. With almost 200 skilled employees, the Rhode Island-based company’s service area includes all of New England.
- Imagine one of the busiest streets in the centre of Prague had to be fully or partly closed off for an extended period of time for car and tram traffic. The local residents and business people would be exposed to construction noise and dirt for month...
- As reported before, TRACTO-TECHNIK is structurally and organisationally realigning itself under the motto "Fit for Future" with regard to the needs of customers and markets by means of a large number of measures. For this reason, for exampl...
- In order to advance the global brand, the Australian sister company of German special machine manufacturer TRACTO-TECHNIK will change its name from TT ASIA-PACIFIC Pty Ltd to TRACTO-TECHNIK Australia Pty Ltd as of now. This decision is consistent wit...
- When it comes to line installation in ecologically highly sensitive environments, it is usually a job predestined for the horizontal drilling technology. This was also the case when a new wiring for the lighthouse of Schleimünde was required. Th...
- The residents of some of the localities situated above the Swiss community of Zug can enjoy the purest spring water which flows straight from their taps. The people of Zug, however, receive their spring water mixed with groundwater in two equal parts...
- Pipe ramming and horizontal directional drilling may seem like an odd combination, but many times you can find the two trenchless methods on the same project, often being used in a most complimentary manner. Over the years, the two methods have...
- The new grass football pitch of the football section of TV Eversberg in Meschede / Germany is its pride and joy and was opened for action in the summer of 2017 after many years of planning and thanks to both public and private funding....
- As reported, TRACTO-TECHNIK is investing intensively in optimising and modernising the organisation and factory structure at its Lennestadt locations as part of a sustainable growth strategy. In March this year, work began on the construction of a ne...
The management of the global TRACTO-TECHNIK Group met on 10 and 11 October 2017 for the third "Group MD Meeting" at the company headquarters in Lennes...
- BADGER stands for “RoB
ot for A
round Trenchless OpER
ations, Mapping and Navigation. The aim of this EU funded three-year research project is to ...